INTRODUCTION TO OUR HEALTH PROTOCOL (1)
Valid as of September 6, 2021
GLOBSEC as an organisation continues to take the ongoing pandemic of COVID-19 disease very seriously. Therefore, GLOBSEC Tatra Summit 2021 has been correspondingly adapted and the organisation has taken significant measures in the execution of the event to keep the participants and all involved members of the team, hotels and restaurant staff, technicians and other providers safe and healthy.
In the Slovak Republic, the rules of a mandatory use of face masks indoors continue to be among the key preventive measures. Another important rule in combating COVID-19 disease is thorough hand-washing and adequate social distancing in public areas. See this link for an up-to-date overview of all the applicable measures adopted in public areas in connection with COVID-19.
The hygiene and preventive measures at GLOBSEC Tatra Summit 2021 applied in connection to COVID-19 are adopted in continuous consultation with the Public Health Authority of the Slovak Republic and the panel of epidemiologists advising the Government of the Slovak Republic.
We acknowledge that the epidemiological situation develops constantly, thereby, the measures outlined in this health protocol are subject to change according to evaluation of the contemporary situation and ongoing consultations with the official authorities of Slovakia.
PREVENTIVE MEASURES ADOPTED BY THE ORGANIZER PRIOR THE CONFERENCE
- NO-SOCIALISING POLICY: A strict no-socialising policy for GLOBSEC staff has been implemented. Any member of GLOBSEC staff participating in a mass social activity is requested to self-isolate and can return to work only after presenting a negative RT-PCR test result on COVID-19.
- GLOBSEC STAFF BEING REGULARLY TESTED: All members of the GLOBSEC organising team have been tested on COVID-19 (using RT-PCR tests) regularly (once a week since 4th August) to make sure we are not posing a risk to our guests arriving to the conference. Organisers will undergo additional testing shortly before the event.
- SUPPLIER STAFF BEING TESTED: All staff of suppliers and providers who might be in direct contact with our conference guests (including drivers, hotels staff, waiters, technicians, etc.) will be tested on COVID-19 (using RT-PCR tests) few days before the conference.
HEALTH MEASURES APPLIED DURING THE CONFERENCE
- CLEANING AND DISINFECTION OF PREMISES: Cleaning and disinfection in common areas will be ensured (main conference halls, focus group rooms, restaurant, coffee break premises, restrooms, door handles, handrails, turnstiles, and other):
- Entire conference halls and common premises will be disinfected prior to the start of the conference as well as after each conference day;
- Common areas will be disinfected after each coffee break (during panels);
- Inventory on the speakers’ podium will be disinfected after each panel (during breaks);
- Microphones and earpieces will be disinfected after each use; if the microphone has foam, it will be replaced after each use;
- The registration desk will be disinfected every 30 minutes.
- TEMPERATURE CHECKS: Temperature checks at the site entrance with a no-contact thermometer or thermo-cameras will be implemented at the entrance to Grand Hotel Kempinski High Tatras premises (data will not be stored).
- PERSONAL HYGIENE PACKAGE: Each participant will receive a face mask and disinfectant gel.
- HAND-HYGIENE: Paper towels, soap and hand sanitizers, including a number of disinfection-stands with contactless dispensers will be provided in the premises. An instructive image of how to wash hands properly according to WHO recommendations will be displayed at each restroom.
- WEARING OF FACE MASK: In accordance with the up-to-date regulations in Slovakia, it is required to wear a face mask in all indoor venues of the conference, including corridors, elevators, restaurants, bars (except for the time you are consuming food or drink), all conference halls and rooms as well as while in transport by GLOBSEC cars, buses, or flight charter. Staff working in the conference premises will wear face masks. In addition to that, staff working with meals will wear disposable gloves.
- SHUTTLE SERVICE: BMW shuttle service cars and shuttle buses used for guest’s transportation will be disinfected after each ride. Guests are required to wear a face mask when boarding cars / buses / plane as well as during the whole car / bus ride or charter flight. When travelling on a shuttle bus or charter flight, all guests need to disinfect their hands before entering the bus. Guests need to observe the 1,5m social distance when standing in ques to board the bus/ charter flight.
- EMERGENCY ROOMS: Rooms in each conference venue will be set aside for COVID-related emergencies and for temporary quarantine purposes.
ONLY COVID-19 VACCINATED PARTICIPANTS
All participants must fully be vaccinated (2) and they should be able to present a proof of COVID-19 vaccination in a form of the digital COVID-19 pass or medical documentation confirming the identity of the participant, vaccination place and date either in English or Slovak.
Please note you will only be able to collect your own badge after presenting vaccination confirmation.
GLOBSEC ORGANISERS AND SUPPLIERS
All members of the GLOBSEC organising team have been tested on COVID-19 (using RT-PCR tests) regularly (once a week) since beginning of August to make sure we are not posing a risk to our guests arriving to the Tatra Summit.
All staff of suppliers and providers who might be in direct contact with our conference guests (including drivers, hotel staff, waiters, technicians) will be tested on COVID-19 (using RT-PCR tests) shortly before the Tatra Summit.
OTHER USEFUL INFORMATION
- SYMPTOMS CHECK
- Before entering the conference venues or boarding the charter flight, all participants must make sure that they do not have any symptoms of COVID-19, particularly fever.
- Participants must notify the site nurse/doctor or the assigned contact point if their temperature is over 38°C (100.4°F) or if they experience other Covid-19 symptoms.
- Registered guests who show symptoms of COVID-19 or have a fever must, depending on their overall condition, call their primary healthcare provider or the emergency services set up by the country’s public health authorities. They must inform the organizers without any delay about their health situation and remain isolated in their hotel rooms / homes.
- Any registered guests who have someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19 or with COVID-19 symptoms in their home must remain self-isolated at home and inform the organisers without any delay.
- FREQUENTLY WASH/DISINFECT HANDS
- Participants must clean their hands frequently, using soap and water or a hand sanitizer that is at least 60% – 95% alcohol by volume.
- Use soap and water instead of hand sanitizer whenever possible as hand sanitizer is more irritating for skin.
- Always wash hands before drinking, eating, and smoking.
- HYGIENIC AND PREVENTIVE MEASURES IN PUBLIC AREAS
- Please, see here an overview of all measures adopted in connection to COVID-19 by the Public Health Authority of the Slovak Republic that are applicable outside of the conference venues.
- CORONAVIRUS IN SLOVAKIA
- See this link for an up-to-date statistic on the development of the coronavirus pandemic in Slovakia.
IN CASE OF A POTENTIALLY INFECTED PERSON
- If a participant feels unwell during the conference, he/she must contact an organizer.
- If you observe a person looking or acting unwell, please contact organizer or the internal first aid service (site emergency number) for help.
- Any potentially infected zones will be blocked off and identified with warning signs to ensure that no one enters them. The exception is people authorized to do so for cleaning and disinfection purposes.
- Shared spaces will be evacuated, cleaned, and disinfected.
- If the person cannot be evacuated immediately, they will be transferred to the temporary isolation room while awaiting a transfer to the hospital. The purpose is to limit the scope of the potentially contaminated area.
- After the person is evacuated, the isolation room and the restroom will be professionally cleaned and disinfected.
(1) The hygiene and preventive measures at GLOBSEC Tatra Summit 2021 applied in connection to COVID-19 for the protection of respective participants’, staff’s and supplier’s health are adopted in continuous consultation with the Public Health Authority of the Slovak Republic and the panel of epidemiologists led by the Chief Hygienist of Slovakia Mgr. RNDr. MUDr. Ján Mikas, PhD. The measures are subject to changes as a result of these consultations and the development of the situation. A final version of the Health Protocol will be shared with all the participants prior to the event.
(2) a) a person at least 14 days after the second dose of the two-dose COVID-19 vaccine, b) a person at least 21 days after the first dose of a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine, c) a person at least 14 days after the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, in case the first dose of vaccine was administered 180 days after confirmed COVID-19 disease, d) a person under age 12